Have you ever looked around your kitchen and thought to yourself “I need new cookware?” Choosing the best pot and pan set for your home can be daunting. Do you go by price? Does a celebrity endorsement signify a superior product? A good pot and pan set can mean the difference between eating works of art cooked up in your kitchen, or appearing on an episode of “Nailed It.”
One thing to know about me is that I am a minimalist by heart. This means I only keep things which bring value to my life. For us here at To Our Table, the best pot and pan set is whatever can cook food the way we want it prepared, and looks sharp in the kitchen, too. We appreciate cookware which uniformly disperses heat, is non-stick and can take a beating for years.
The Best Pot and Pan Set for You
You might be wondering what kind of pot and pan set you should be looking for. If you’re like us, go for something that will bring value. It doesn’t have to be flashy, but it does have to cook food well and last a long time under the type of wear and tear you'll dish out. Perhaps you prefer something a little more ornate? If that’s the case, look for the style which matches your vision of your kitchen. In all cases, remember that the best pot and pan set will work every time, for years to come.
What kind of pots and pans are we talking about?
Because it’s essential that your cookware last a long time, we’re discussing quality pots and pans. You can buy cheap pieces of metal at the dollar store, or spend $30 on fake cookware from Amazon, but in the end, you’ll regret your purchase. The Teflon will peel off, or the handles will break, or the pan will have hot spots or be uneven. In this review, we’re looking only at quality sets of cookware, because that’s what you should be buying.
What are these pots and pans used for?
One thing you’ll want to look for when you’re shopping for the best pot and pan set is the type of usage you expect from it. Perhaps you will need cookware that can handle fresh, organic food without draining away the nutrients or adding any chemicals. Or maybe you cook a lot of sauces and require something with varying saucepans of size. We’ll be looking mainly at cookware which treats food as delicately as possible. With this in mind, we're looking for pot and pan sets which are chemical-free and hotspot-free.
Where can you buy this cookware?
If you can only find the best pot and pan set in a boutique shop in Tokyo, it’s not useful to us. The best pot and pan set is the one you can actually purchase. You can find them on Amazon, at JC Penney or, in some cases, even at Walmart.
How much does it cost?
Another great thing about quality cookware is that you don’t always need to spend a fortune. In fact, the best pot and pan set for you is the one that brings value to your life, whether it’s cooking organic pasta sauce or looking sharp hanging on your kitchen wall. Indeed, it’s not about price at all. Even though our favorite pot and pan set costs between $250 and $400 yours doesn’t have to be that expensive.
How We Reviewed
So now your head is spinning as you contemplate a million different pot and pan sets. Because there are so many pots and pans you can choose from; it is daunting to figure out where to start. This is where most people make a mistake: they give up, go to Walmart, find something that looks good on the box, and then spend $100 on cookware they really should have avoided. Above all, don’t be that person.
To compare the best pot and pan sets to each other, we chose the ten best brands we know. First, we went to each company’s site to learn a little about them.
Next, we looked at Amazon customer reviews. Because we trust reviews written by real people, we read through a lot of them. Consequently, this gave us a good idea of how well these pots and pans hold up in the real world.
10 Best Pot and Pan Sets
With this in mind, the 10 best pot and pan sets listed below are the ones you should be considering. Of course, you can probably find fantastic quality in boutique stores in big cities, but not everybody has access to them. Rather, these are cookware sets you can buy online or in any strip mall. Also note that you can often buy the individual pots and pans instead of the entire collection, although you will have a mismatched kitchen.
Also, you should know that we've listed these pots and pans in no particular order.
- Polished cooking surface does not discolor, react with food or alter flavors.
- Cookware also features cool grip handles secured with stainless steel rivets and self-basting, tight fitting lids,...
- Oven safe up to 550F, Rims are tapered for drip-free pouring.
First up is the pot and pan set from Cuisinart. The company began in 1971 and showcased the world’s first home food processor at the Chicago World’s Fair in 1973. The Cuisinart MCP-12N Stainless Steel Cookware Set (from here on simply called “Cuisinart”) has polished stainless steel which doesn’t discolor or react with food. This is great for organic cooking. A triple-ply construction ensures there are no hot spots and that heat is spread evenly across the surface. It costs between $200 and $300. Customers on Amazon rated it 4.3 out of 5 stars.
- MULTI-PURPOSE VARISIZED STOCKPOTS AND PANS - Various utensils for different recipes. Convenient for frying, stewing,...
- HEAT DISTRIBUTION - The cookware set adopts aluminum to provide quick and even heat distribution.
- ULTRA-SAFE HEAT RESISTANCE - The cookware set is oven-safe to 550℉ and the glass lids to 350℉. The stainless steel...
Next, we have a cool copper set from Japanese company Shineuri. Because the company doesn’t have a website, it makes us a little apprehensive. Also, the copper-colored pots and pans consist of aluminum. They are heat resistant up to 500-degrees and coated with a non-stick chemical. They cost between $60 and $80. Customers on Amazon rated them 4.5 out of 5 stars.
- 5 PIECE WILDLIFE SERIES CAST IRON SET. Lodge is proud to introduce their new line of wildlife themed cast iron cookware,...
- ALL THE ESSENTIALS. The Lodge Wildlife Series 5 Piece Set contains all the essentials for the stovetop or campsite. Set...
- GREAT FOR COLLECTORS. This iconic wildlife themed set will add a classic touch of American heritage to your cast iron...
Next is Lodge Manufacturing, and their awesome cast-iron pot and pan set. Lodge is an American company based in the Appalachian Mountains of Tennessee. They produce everything in the US. This cast-iron set is made non-stick by infusing it with vegetable oil. The pans and skillets are heavy and have wildlife scenes engraved on the bottoms. This set costs between $120 and $200. Customers on Amazon rated it 4.7 out of 5 stars.
- Dishwasher-safe aluminum nonstick cookware heats quickly and evenly for efficient cooking performance; includes two...
- Interiors feature top-quality nonstick so cooking won't bind and cleanup is a cinch
- Colorful speckled porcelain exteriors Blue by classic enamelware add a warm, cozy touch and are stain resistant
Next is the cookware set by celebrity chef Paula Deen. We don’t mind celebrity-endorsed products. That's because most celebrities won’t put their name on an inferior product, but your mileage may vary. Paula Deen cookware is for a cozy family home. Also, the pots and pans heat quickly and evenly. The glass lids are shatter-resistant, and they all come with a limited lifetime warranty. This set costs between $100 and $175. Customers on Amazon rated it 4.2 out of 5 stars.
- With this set, you do not need to use very high heat. For best use and care, we suggest heating the pan for a few...
- When hand washing your set, dry your set and do not let the copper bottom air dry as this will cause your copper to get...
- For water spots that appear, please note this is actually caused by the minerals in the water, not the water itself. As...
Next up is Pioneer Woman-branded cookware. Pioneer Woman is a viral home lifestyle blog that evolved into an entire brand. After minimalism, we love the country lifestyle, and Pioneer Woman puts that into all her products. First, Her cookware set is real copper, so you’ll need to cook on high heat and use a professional cleaning agent to stop tarnishing over time. Next, these pots and pans are non-stick, so use butter when you cook. Finally, this set costs between $130 and $180. Customers rated it 4 out of 5 stars.
- SET INCLUDES: 8-inch and 10.25-inch fry pans; an 11.5-inch fry pan with lid; a 10.25-inch square griddle; 1-quart,...
- DISHWASHER SAFE: Easy to clean and dishwasher safe cookware set. Hard anodized aluminum construction for durability and...
- USE AND CARE: Safe for all cooking methods except induction. PFOA, Lead, and Cadmium-free
Now we look at a staple of almost every cookware section in any department store. T-Fal is a French brand (Tefal in Europe) which is a combination of Teflon and aluminum. The Teflon, when cared for correctly, keeps your food from contacting the aluminum. These pots and pans include T-fal’s iconic “Thermo-spot” indicator which tells you when the pan has heated up. This set uses a prometal non-stick solution which won’t interfere with your food’s flavor like some chemicals will. Anti-warp materials keep the pots and pans from warping over repeated use. They cost between $130 and $160. Customers on Amazon rated this set 4.4 out of 5 stars.
- MULTIPLE USES - EFFORTLESS COOKING: Our extremely versatile 9-pc. Copper Cookware Set is essential set for every...
- CLEAN UP EASILY & COOK HEALTHIER FOR YOUR FAMILY We used the latest in non-stick technology when we created Cerami-Tech...
- THE SECRET TO EVENLY COOKED FOOD: Our Induction Plates are constructed of heavy duty stainless steel and built right...
Copper Chef is a New Jersey-based company from celebrity chef Eric Theiss, who also publishes cookbooks. This set has from copper-infused aluminum. Everything consists of chemical-free “Cerami-Tech” non-stick materials, and the company claims even burnt cheese peels right off. Induction plates within the bottom of every pot and pan ensure even heat distribution, and you can bake or fry with every single pot and pan in this set. It costs between $150 and $225. Customers on Amazon rated it 4.2 out of 5 stars. This is a hot pot and pan set!
Next is a cookware set from Calphalon. The company, based in Ohio, has been around since 1963. The pots and pans are non-stick, although there is no indication what kind of materials are used to achieve this. This set comes with shatter-resistant glass lids. They are made of aluminum while the handles are stainless steel. The set costs between $112 and $200 and Amazon customers rated it 4.2 out of 5 stars.
- 12-Piece Cookware Set(18/10 stainless steel): The cookware set includes 6-qt. covered stock pot, 3-qt. Covered saute...
- Built to Last: Classic Cookware set features premium grade 18/10 stainless steel, mirror polished cooking surface that...
- Convenient Design: Tight-fitting tempered glass lids with stainless steel rims seal in food's natural juices and...
Now we’ll look at the cookware set from DEIK, a Bulgarian brand that sells throughout Europe and North America. Although they produce pots and pans, DEIK is famous for cutlery and vacuums. DEIK has been around since 1926 and is a household name in the eastern and southern parts of the EU. This cookware set is stainless steel. There is a mirror-like polish on every pot and pan which does not tarnish over time. Every item also has accurate measurement notches engrave on the inside for helpful cooking. You can buy this set for between $160 and $220. Amazon customers rated it 5.0 out of 5 stars, although there were only two reviews.
- COOKWARE MADE for SERVING - This 8 piece ceramic cookware set includes 2 dutch oven pots, 1 casserole pot with lids and...
- CERAMIC COATING for EVEN HEATING - This pot and pan set is made of a durable and non-toxic die-cast aluminum body with a...
- MODERN with STEAM RELEASE DESIGN - Features bakelite ergonomic wood tone handles for easy tossing and turning and lids...
Last on this list is a Vremi pot and pan set. Vremi is a New York City brand that makes kitchenware for young and hip urbanites. If you can picture Zooey Deschanel in her condo kitchen, you can picture Vremi products all around her. This Vremi cookware set has an even coating of ceramic for even cooking. Also, it has a die-cast body and ergo dynamic wooden handles. The insides have a marble-based coating for BPA-free non-stick functionality. This set costs between $110 and $150 and comes in a variety of colors. Customers on Amazon rated it 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Price & Rating
Number of Pieces
24.2 x 14.2 x 10.7 in
Number of Pieces
22.25 x 12 x 10.75 in
5 Piece Complete Set
Number of Pieces
Number of Pieces
21.87 x 12 x 15 in
26.60 x 14.60 x 10.80 Inches
Number of Pieces
26.6 x 14.6 x 10.8 in
Number of Pieces
21.84 x 13.84 x 14.24 in
Number of Pieces
Number of Pieces
23.25 x 17 x 11 in
Number of Pieces
Number of Pieces
23.6 x 7.87 x 15 in
Which Is the Best Pot and Pan Set?
The best pot and pan set is highly subjective. As we said earlier, your individual needs and tastes will heavily influence what you consider to be the best pot and pan set. That being said, there are some universal truths to choosing a good cookware collection. First, it needs to be functional. This means it should cook your food evenly and accurately without changing the flavors. Second, it needs to be safe and chemical-free. Third, it needs to stand up to everyday use for years. If you can find a pot and pan set that will last you for the rest of your life, then count yourself lucky.
So, what is not the best pot and pan set is Shineuri. The set uses cheap aluminum and who knows what chemicals are sprayed on to achieve non-stick status? And while we love Pioneer Woman, this set was rated so poorly by Amazon customers, who wrote that they had real problems with it, that we would not buy it. The Lodge cast iron set is extremely niche. If the cottage look is what you’re going for, then you might enjoy this high-quality pot and pan set. However, most households should probably pass it by.
That leaves us with the best pots and pans for you. The highest quality sets are Cuisinart, Paula Deen, Copper Chef, DEIK, and Vremi. You can’t go wrong with any of these. If the young urban look isn’t for you, then you can ignore Vremi. Our personal favorite is Copper Chef. But for family cooking, Paula Deen would be our choice. These five come down to your preference of style and your intended use.